Ramen Nagi finally opened a branch at Robinsons Magnolia. We ate there on my daughter's birthday last Friday. There was a long waiting list but the waitress assured us that the waiting time would be short. True enough in less than 10 minutes, DH's name was called. The secret? Table sharing. We shared a table with another couple.
|omotenashi sheet for your noodles|
As we were each handed an omotenashi sheet, the waiter told us about the "No Take Out" policy. I chose the lamest of them all- Butao King. On the other hand, DH chose Limited King. He was dumbfounded with the list of choices for his ramen. He didn't know that it was this personalized.
What's in Ramen Nagi's omotenashi sheet:
- Ramen Choice- Butao King, Black King, Red King, Green King and Limited King
- Richness of Taste- None, Light, Normal, Heavy, Extra Heavy
- Special Sauce- None, Light, Normal, Heavy, Extra Heavy
- Garlic- None, Light, Normal, Heavy, Extra Heavy
- Pork- None, Shoulder or Belly
- Vegetable- None, Green Onion or Cabbage
- Butao Home Made Fire Sauce- None, 1/2 Spicy, 1 Spicy, 2 Spicy, 3 Spicy, 4 Spicy, 5 Spicy and 6-10 Spicy
- Firmness- Extra Hard, Hard, Normal, Soft, Extra Soft
- Extras- Tamago, Shoulder or Belly, Seaweed, Extra Noodles, Green Onion, Cabbage, Kikurage
- Drinks-Coke (Regular/Zero), Sprite, Royal, Mineral Water, Mango Juice, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, San Mig Light, Home Made Iced Tea, Kirin, Sapporo and Asahi
|Limited Curry King PhP 410|
Curry King is a fusion of ramen and curry. It is made from special curry oil in pork bone broth with meat, vegetables and curry powder.
|extra tamago (egg) PhP 50; seaweed PhP 60|
I glanced at the couple seated beside us, even in the air conditioned room, the man was perspiring heavily. Maybe he ordered level 6-10 Spicy Limited King ; p
|Butao Ramen PhP 390|
- Richness of Taste- Normal
- Special Sauce-Normal
- Vegetable- Green Onion
- Butao Home Made Fire Sauce- 1/2 Spicy
- Noodles- Hard
I am not adventurous when it comes to food and I don't really like ramen or any noodles but I like what I ordered. In fact, I was able to finished it. Now, I understood why there is a "No Take Out" policy because the food is good, there's nothing more to take home ; p The amount of the noodles was just right for me. For guys, you might want to add extra noodles. I also ordered a glass of Home added Iced Tea ; )
Japanese Rice cooked in roasted pork sauce topped with roasted pork and served with a delightful blend of soy sauce an mayo
|Gyoza PhP 190|
Juicy meat and vegetables seasoned with Japanese spices wrapped in Nagi's special dough and served in a sizzling hot plate for that perfect crisp
Little did I know that there is another menu in Ramen Nagi containing various Side Dishes like Chicken Karaage, Gyoza, Chashu Rice, Nagi Star Salad, Taki Gyoza, Ishiyaki Mabo Tofu and Japanese White Rice.
I ordered Gyoza and Chashu Rice for my daughter. She loved it. The rice is specially tasty. I can order that alone and be full. In fact, I will order one for myself when I return hehe
How's your Ramen Nagi experience?
Ramen Nagi is located at the Ground Level, Al Fresco, Robinsons Magnolia (4701356) with branches at SM MOA (5502394), SM Aura (8286793) and SM North EDSA (374-0503).
Other ramen places I have tried are Ippudo in SM Mega Fashion Hall, Nomama Restaurant in Quezon City and Hokkaido Ramen Santouka.
xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram/ Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +