This entry was originally published in MrsMartinez's Raves and Rants, visit the link here.
I accompanied DH for a haircut at Bang's Tony and Jackey. The franchise is now owned and managed by another Korean named Bang. After his haircut, DH asked me if I miss my curls. To give you a background, it has been almost three years since my last perm. He knew I wanted to have my curls back. But without any promo, a Digital/Setting Perm would cost around PhP 8000 including cut and treatment.
|Package B Aqua setting perm PhP 3000|
While DH was paying at the reception table he saw a flier, written on it was a promotion for setting perm. Thank goodness!
But we already have a scheduled lunch date at Kikufuji in Little Tokyo. I was advised by a Filipino assistant that I should come back not later than 3pm to avoid being rushed as the salon will close at 7pm. Having my hair permed thrice already, I know that the procedure will take some time so I set an appointment at 2pm.
After shampoo at 2:15pm, hot oil procedure was next. I sat on a red chair with my head positioned under a huge dome with matching red lights. Time alloted for hot oil treatment was 15 minutes.
Here's a step-by-step Setting Perm procedure at Tony & Jackey:
- After leaving the hot oil on my hair for another 20 minutes, my hair was washed and blow dried for the second time.
- 3:13 to 3:16 Top, my Korean hairstylist, gave me a hair cut.
- Chemical for perm was applied at around 3:24pm
- Top checked if my hair was ready at 3:50pm and again at 4:09pm.
- After getting his approval, my hair was washed for the third time.
- Slimenthol cream was applied instead of Herba Manicure.
- He parted my hair into several portions and attached it to this octopus like machine for a good 13 minutes.
- The machine was turned off at around 4:49.
- Several clips/ hair pins were used instead to maintain the curls.
- At around 5:11pm, neutralizer was applied.
- I was asked to wait for 7 minutes for the product to set in.
- At around 5:21, hair pins were removed one by one.
- Then finally another shampoo and blower. Clock time was 5:27pm.
Package B PhP3000
Approximate time from start to finish 3:30 hours
- Aqua setting/digital perm PhP 4000*
- Arte Herba Manicure PhP 2000*
- Keratin Treatment PhP 1200*
- Haircut PhP 500*
*Prices quoted are for individual procedure, the package price is PhP3000.
I love my curls and I am bringing sexy back haha What's new with you? Btw, I recently colored my own hair using the Korean brand, Etude House, read here.
Bang's T & J Salon is located at C.T.T.M. Square Tomas Morato Ave. cor. Timog Ave., Quezon City 4076928 4410386 3531473
xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram/ Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +