I love cooking but only when there's a helper around to cut/slice/chop the ingredients for me. I even have several cookbooks at home so I can prepare special dishes for my family when I feel like it. My default dishes are pancit canton when there's leftover adobo and sinigang. I also love cooking on-the-spot Korean BBQ.
But there was this one time when we don't have a helper around, we call for delivery every single day. To tell you honestly, it was not one of my proudest wife/mommy moments. That's why I am glad that Knorr recently launched the "Sarap ng #LutongNanay" movement.
|Carmina Villaroel, Knorr brand ambassador, together with real moms Dimples Romana, Delamar Arias, Pia Guanio and Danica Sotto|
The movement aims to ensure that meals prepared by moms remain an integral part of home life, so that strong family bonds continue to move the world forward. It provides convenient cooking solutions without sacrificing taste that families crave and love.
Anyway, I want to share two simple and yummy recipes namely Crispy Tofu Sisig and Adobo Tacos from Plan, Cook, Eat- A Menu Planner from Yummy.
|Crispy Tofu Sisig|
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/2 kilo tofu, cut into small 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, choped
- 3 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 bird's eye chili (siling labuyo)
- 2 long green chilies (siling pasigang)
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Lady's Choice Real Mayonanaise
- 2 pieces calamansi
How to cook Crispy Tofu Sisig:
- Deep-fry tofu cubes until brown and crisp.
- In a separate pan, sautee onions and garlic. Add fried tofu and chilies; mix well
- Add Knorr Seasoning according to taste.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add Lady's Choice Mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve with calamansi.
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Adobo
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut up
- 4 cloves garic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 taco shells
- lettuce leaves, trimmed
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro
How to cook Adobo Tacos:
- Dissolve Knorr Complete Reipe Mix Adobo in Water. Add chicken and marinate.
- Reserve marinade. Sear cicken on a hot pan; set aside.
- Saute garlic in oil, then add seared chicken. Add the marinade. Simmer until sauce is syrupy and chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken and set aside.
- Add onions to the same pan and saute. Add shredded chicken meat.
- Arrange vegetables in taco shells. Top with shredded chicken, ranch dressing, cheese, and chopped cilantro.
These meals are so easy to prepare so there is really no excuse for moms to not cook memorable dishes at home. I am sure your family will remember that you put a lot of effort and love into it.
For flavorful dishes, visit www.knorr.com.ph
xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram/ Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +