Canicule is the style of my short sleeved Lacoste polo shirt in Rouge. I bought this at Rustan's Shangri-La Mall last November 2014. It's my second polo shirt from the brand.
Lacoste | Canicule
Canicule (noun) - the hot period between early July and early September; a period of inactivity; summertime
- 94% Cotton
- 6% Elasthanine
Lacoste Canicule is made from stretch cotton fabric. It is slim fit and the colors available changes with season. I got this vibrant red color in time for the Christmas season.
How to spot a fake Lacoste:
1. Size- Lacoste used numbers (36, 38, 40, 42 and so on) instead of letters (S, M, L, XL). Piping used (where logo was attached) is the same material as the collar.
2. Lacoste Crocodile Patch- Mouth, tail and claws are detailed. Mouth open with teeth stitches and red tongue, tail is slim and has pointy end while claws are clearly visible.
3. Stitch- Crocodile logo in Lacoste for women is directly stitched onto the shirt.
4. Buttons- only two are found in Lacoste Canicule. No markings/logo on buttons. I have not confirmed if these buttons are made from "Mother of Pearl".
5. Crocodile Position- the position should be in between the second button and the two bottom stitches.
|Lacoste tags (front)|
6. Tags (front)- Includes the item code, color written in French, composition of the shirt. The word "Lacoste" and the crocodile logo are embossed.
|Lacoste Tags (back)|
9. Care label/Wash Instructions- Wash warm, do not bleach, do not tumble dry, medium iron and do not dry clean.
Personally, hand wash is still the best. Line dry and do not over wring. It is best to just let the remaining water drip. No ironing necessary, especially on the collar.
|receipt from Rustan's Shangri-La Mall|
|Lacoste plastic wrapper|
For your peace of mind, buy only from reputable companies like Rustan's. It is located at Shangri-La Plaza Mall.
I hope you learned a thing or two. Please visit and share:
Longchamp Le Pliage: How to Spot a Fake | Longchamp Les Planetes: How to Spot a Fake | How to spot a FAKE LACOSTE
Longchamp bags are from France but some bags are already made in China like this one.To see and compare an original from a fake, visit my other post.
Thank you for reading!
xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram/ Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +