'Tis the season to get fat! It was a day after Christmas when my family and I tried Dohtonbori- An Okonomiyaki Experience. It is one of the new restaurants located at #8 Missouri St., Greenhills, San Juan.
|Mixed Okonomiyaki Php 290|
When trying out a specialty restaurant for the first time, I try to veer away from ordering other items from the menu. For this meal, I only ordered its bestsellers- Mixed Okonomiyaki and Buta Yakisoba.
How to cook Okonomiyaki
Tip: For best results, the desired temperature of the TEPPAN is at 190 degree Celcius.
1. Put enough oil to thinly cover the TEPPAN so Okonomiyaki won't stick. Mixed all Okonomiyaki ingredients inside the bowl with wooden spoon.
2. Pour Okonomiyaki mixture onto TEPPAN. Shape it like a pancake with the same diameter as the bowl.
Note: Do not FLIP or PRESS Okonomiyaki.
3. After 5 minutes, flip Okonomiyaki using the 2 turners meeting at the center of the Okonomiyaki to avoid breaking it into half. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Flip Okonomiyaki once more and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. For the last time, flip your Okonomiyaki then brush it with Okonomiyaki sauce found at the far end of your table.
6. Ao Nori (shredded nori) and Bonito powder on top are optional.
|Buta Yakisoba Php 260|
While the Okonomiyaki was still cooking on TEPPAN, Buta Yakisoba was served on our low table with sunken floor. It was my daughter who opted for the traditional Zashiki-style of seating. As with Japanese tradition, we took off our shoes before going in. The shoes were placed inside a locker with wooden key at the entrance.
|my daughter loved the overall experience|
As you can see, Yakisoba sauce was not mixed with the noodles because I was afraid the taste will overwhelm the palate of my daughter.
We had a very filling Okonomiyaki experience at Dohtonbori. I promise to be back to try out other items (Angus steak!) on the menu ; p
You won't miss Dohtonbori's location, just follow the Tanuki's ( Japanese raccoon) footprints from the ground floor up to the second floor!
Dohtonburi An Okonomiyaki Experience is located at the 2nd level, #8 Missouri St., Northeast Greenhills, San Juan City. Just across the street from J.CO and Gloria Maris Greenhills. For reservations and inquiries, please call 570 2765.
xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram/ Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +